Franchising/Seeking Franchise Moving to New Community

Dear Mr Libava,

I am an expat Canadian living overseas and moving back to a new province after 10 years. I'm seeking franchise ownership as part of the moving back process. I wrote to a franchise concept that offers an after school education and performance concept.  I will be moving within a year to a new community.  The franchisor's ideal franchisee qualifications are community leadership, and being active within their schools.  

They have asked me where i live when i wrote to them about my interest. They also sent along an NDA, application and offered a Skype call.   I don't want to be deceitful about not being presently in the new community but also don't want to have this opportunity shut on me due to not being able to communicate my situation and potential as an owner.  By the way the franchisor has only a few owners in Canada, which is where i would be moving.

How might i reply to their question of where i am and communicate my situation effectively?

Hi Sunny,

I think you should go for it.

Share your story with them...make it a personal one. Share your plans on moving back.

Be transparent. If they want to continue engaging with you, great. If not, there are lots of opportunities around.

The Franchise KingŪ

Joel Libava

If you are thinking about getting into franchising, and want to learn all you can, I'll be happy to answer general questions on franchising; From how to find the right one, to how to do the proper research, and how to protect yourself from scams. I only offer straightforward franchise advice. I'm not going to try to sell you anything. I've written well over 1,500 articles on franchise ownership. Other places that my articles on franchising can be found include Small Business Trends, and
Please check out my guaranteed franchise ownership advisory services.

Cleveland, Ohio based franchise ownership advisor, and the author of "Become A Franchise Owner! (Wiley Publishing) I specialize in teaching people how to find, research, and buy a franchise-safely.

Book- Become A Franchise Owner! (Wiley Publishing) eBook- The essential Steps To Researching A Franchise eBook- How To Carefully Select And Properly research A Franchise The Franchise The New York Times The Huffington Post Corpnet Small Business Trends Open Small Biz Spin Sucks

Brush High School Cleveland State University OSBT

Awesome Judge Award- 2011-2013, Small Business Influencer Awards Numerous awards for The Franchise King Blog