Frasier/chair

Question
In the first Frasier show, Frasier replaces a brown and chrome modern chair with his father's recliner. He lifts it for a moment or two then puts it in an unseen part of the apartment. My parents  (now both deceased) have what looks like exactly the same chair. I am wondering what it is, who the designer is and any information you may have about it.
Thank you

Answer
Hi Deborah

The chair you're referring to is a Wassily chair designed by the Hungarian designer Marcel Breuer. The design is considered part of the Modernist movement. Here's a link to the Wikipedia page which can provide more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassily_Chair

I didn't know about it myself before you asked but it's got a really interesting look.

I hope I've been of help and if you've got any other Frasier related questions then feel free to ask.

Regards

D Walker  

Frasier

D Walker