French Cuisine/Help please

Question
Hello,

We have taken over a very run down restaurant within a winery and the lease stipulates 'french inspired', 'regional' and 'seasonal'. We have spent around $80,000 on marketing and currently have the restaurant running at a good profit. The restaurant owner who owns the winery would 'like' to have the restaurant back now since it is now a great business even though we have a 3 + 3 year lease. Unfortunately we are dealing with a personality disorder, but we are doing our best to keep above it by doing all things as perfect as we can. We have 30 years experience in the industry and have never had to contend with a landlord that meddles so much.

For the past 6 months he has advised us every other day that we are in breach of the lease by not having 'french inspired', 'regional' and 'seasonal' food. He is a winemaker, not a chef so we need to once and for all have a 3rd party with expertise assist us to 1) have the menu right and 2) get this 'breach claim' finished so we can get on with good business and without daily harassment.

Please see our current menu at www.cassegrain-restaurant.com.au. Please keep in mind we are to be 'french inspired' we are not a french restaurant. Also - we are only open for lunch, not for dinner so the food needs to reflect modern trends (we don't want to go backwards in revenue) and lunch patrons.

I really would appreciate your input.

Answer
I would translate all your menu items into French with an English description of the food. By this I mean call your chicken in wine sauce coq au vin along with some other bullshit changes--you are serving a lot of food with Italian names so translation to French words might just soothe the mental case.  Add some French wine on the wine list. C Play French music softly in the background.  Now it's definitely French inspired!  If he hasn't filed suit to break the lease, then do this:

File for a restraining order after you make these changes.
Sue or countersue for harassment and restraint of trade and abuse of process.

At the end of your lease, move down the road and take your recipes with you!  

French Cuisine

Teri Davis Newman