French Culture/French culture

I am studying the french language and part of it is learning also french culture. I am very much interested to see traditional french clothes since we only see modern dresses in french fashion magazines.  France is known for its beautiful fashion but we seem lacking in their traditional clothes.  We joined a foreign language program and were asked to wear french clothes for france since were studying the french language. Unfortunately  we could not find one sample. We hope someone could put on the internet some pictures of traditional french clothes. Thank you.

Hello Catherine,

Traditional clothes are different depending on the region.
For instance, the traditionnal alsacian costume (I live in Alsace) is like this :

But in Britain it is somehow different :

And here you can see the tranditionnal Provencal clothes :

If you need more pictures and examples, search in google image with the key words "costume traditionnel France".

I hope this helps

French Culture

I can answer questions about French culture, everyday life, travel help, and traditions

I am French and I've been an expert in French on since 2007.

I passe a A level specialized in languages and French literature. I passed a master in British literature (and attended linguistic classes in english linguistics).