French Horn/French Horn Hamlin?

Question
Hello. I recently viewed a craigslist ad. It offers a "Hamlin" French Horn for $150. I am only familiar with brands such as Yamaha, Conn, etc. It is a decent brand because it doesn't even seem to exist on the search engine?

Answer
Hi, I've never heard of this one either, but given that there are numerous factories in China who will make you a batch of horns and engrave anything you like on them, there are probably dozens of other names out there I haven't come across either. It might be a reasonably ok instrument, or it might be something that looks like a horn but doesn't really play like one. Even such a cheap price I wouldn't waste my money. I would stick with the tried and trusted...

AJ

French Horn

Alan Jones