French Horn/Can you help me figure out what I have?

Question
full horn image
full horn image  

stamp
stamp  
I bought a horn from a thrift shop a while back.  There's no serial number on it, and the only stamp/marking on it says "Bandleader approved student series."  I can't find any info on this horn when searching the net.  Do you have an idea on who makes these, how much they are or how much it'd be worth?  I'd like to resell it...

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi, it's a fairly generic Chinese-made full double, haven't seen that particular branding but I recognise the type of horn, and as an importer you can easily order a batch with anything you like on the bell....

Thesed horns are only about $600 new and they aren't that great, or particularly durable, so resale values aren't high. But you might get $200 if you're lucky.

Hope this helps

AJ

French Horn

Alan Jones