French Horn/Lorenzo Sansone Identification

Question
I have a Lorenzo Sansone french horn that I can't find a serial number for. The bell reads, "Lorenzo Sansone, New York - City" and have "330" above the signature. I can't any other numbers/engraving/stamps anywhere on the horn. Can you tell me what year and any other information about it? Thanks you...Alan

Answer
Hi, short answer is "No"... particularly without seeing some pictures.  Small manufacturers don't always give instruments serial numbers - but then again the 330 could be one. But even if it is, unless there's a set of books from some long-defunct company sitting around in a dusty corner somewhere, there's no way of dating it. I could make a rough estimate if I had some pictures of the horn, and the case if it still has the original one.

Have a look here
http://hornmatters.com/2010/01/the-lorenzo-sansone-fan-page/

for some info on the man and his horns. Otherwise there's not a lot out there...

AJ

French Horn

Alan Jones