French Horn/French Horn

Question
QUESTION: Hi
after a clean out of my grandparents house i stumbled across a French horn which's origins seemed unknown. I tried to look it up on the internet however i can't seem to find out anything about this French horn. I'm not sure if it is an extremely rare instrument or just a school grade French horn. The French horn is made by a company called BM Limited and says underneath, supplied by Paxman London. That is all the instrument says on it and any paperwork is long gone. Anyway i was hoping you could help me find out a little more about the instrument, and maybe an estimation of its value.
many thanks, kind regards
Jake

ANSWER: Hi, do you have a picture? If you could attach one or more pics to a follow-up I can tell you what it is...

AJ

Plate
Plate  

Horn
Horn  
QUESTION: Hope these help
Jake

Answer
Hi, not a great treasure I'm afraid. I've never seen the BM label before but the horn is a very common type made in Czechoslovakia by the Josef Lidl Co. I'd guess this one dates from the late 60s or early 70s. It's a full double horn, very heavily built and not brilliant to play, although they function up to about Grade 6 or 7 level if you can't afford any thing better. Back in the Communist era Czech pros had to play on them...

There are quite a lot of these around and they don't fetch a high price, sometimes 450 if in good playing order. Unserviced and with some dents probably more like 200.

If there's more you need to know, do ask...

AJ

French Horn

Alan Jones