French Language/difference

Question
QUESTION: What is the difference between ensorcelée and hantée?

ANSWER: Hello Hank,

"hantée" is used for houses "une maison hantée"  haunted house;
It can be used in the sentence : elle est hantée par ses souvenirs = she is obsessed by her memories.

Ensorcellé = bewitched/enchanted

I hope this helps

Cheers

Caro

QUESTION: I understand what you say but it doesn't really make sence. There is a movie called "La maison ensorcelée". Here they use ensorcelée when talking about a haunted house. now I'm confused

Answer
Hello Hank,

SOrry for my late reply, I did not receive the notification from all expert.
I understand why you are confused, I am too :-)
For me ensorcellé is bewitched and hantée is haunted. I think the différence is the same in English.

Sorry for not being useful.
Cheers

Caro

French Language

Caro