French Language/Merçi d'être venu

Question
Caro,

I heard this on TV: "Merçi d'être venu," which I thought of as "Thanks for coming" or "Thanks for having come."
  Then in my mind I tried to come up with similar constructions, but instead using avoir and s'être. I was able to say to myself "Merçi d'être y allé"--please confirm or correct--but I had absolutely no idea about how to translate anything with s'être, eg. "Thanks for sitting down/having sat down." Please translate the latter for me.
  Thanks, Caro.

Mike

Answer
Hi Mike,

=> yes you're right.

Then in my mind I tried to come up with similar constructions, but instead using avoir and s'être. I was able to say to myself "Merçi d'être y allé"--please confirm or correct--
=> Merci d'y être allé = thank you for going there.

Actually there is a difference in French if the action has been done = merci d'être venu
or if the action is required - not done yet : merci de venir chercher le formulaire = please come and get the form.

"Thanks for sitting down/having sat down."
=> Merci de vous être assis

I hope this helps

cheers

Caro

French Language

Caro