French Language/French

Question
I wanted to check if the correct form of the l’imparfait was used in the following sentences. The words before the verbs in the parenthesis are what I though would be the correct answers.

C’ étais (être) le samedi 20 novembre. Il faisait (faire) beau mais pas trop chaud. La cérémonie a commencé à 17 h 00. Je portais (porter) une robe blanche et Julien avait (avoir) un costume noir. Mes parents disaient (dire) qu' à 18 ans,  j' étais (être) trop jeune pour me marier. Mais Julien et moi, nous n’ avions (avoir) pas de doutes. Notre vie d'adolescents finissions (finir) et une nouvelle vie commencions (commencer).  Tout changeais (changer) pour moi et j’en étais contente!

Answer
Dear Ashwin,

For the imperfect tense of these verbs:
1. C'était

2. faisait, you were correct
3. portais, you were correct
4. avait, you were correct
5. disaient, you were correct
6. étais, you were correct
7. avions, you were correct

8. finissait
9. commençait
10. changeait

I reviewed only the verbs in parentheses.  The few that were incorrect were wrong because of the subject of the verb.
For "c'était" you must conjugate as if "il" is the subject.
For "finissait", "commençait", and "changeait" the subject for each was again 3rd person singular, so the "il" form was needed.

I hope this helps.

Alex D

French Language

Alex