French Language/French Quote Translation

I love the French language, but am not yet fluent. I'd like to translate my favorite quote by Paulo Coelho. The quote is, "A fall from the third floor hurts as much as a fall from the hundredth. If I have to fall, may it be from a high place."

I'd like the French translation of the full quote, and also just the translation of the second half of the quote, "May it be from a high place."

Thank you!

Hi Brittany,

Here is the translation (it is not my translation, but the official translation):

« Une chute du troisième étage fait tout autant de dégâts qu'une chute du centième étage. Si je dois tomber, qu'au moins je tombe de très haut.  »

I hope this helps

French Language

Hello! I'm a French native speaker living in France. If you need someone to proof-read your translations and essays or need help on French grammar, pronounciation, French traditions, or cultural aspects do not hesitate to contact me, I'd be glad to help you. I'm in the Top 50 experts of the year in 2011 and 2012. Tank you dear questionners!

French is my first language (mother tongue). I studied linguistics when I was at university.

I passed a master of British literature