French Language/Translation Check for Art Piece

Question
Hello! I am doing an art piece that includes French writing. I would like it to say "I have died and been reborn". I am only a beginner at French so here is my attempt at a French translation: "Je suis mort et renaît."
Is that the correct translation for that phrase or is there a better way to say it that is above my beginner level?
Thank-you :)

Answer
Hello Stephanie,

I am sorry for my late reply, these days have been hectic.

The translation can be : je suis mort et j'ai ressuscité
ressuscité is used for Jesus Christ (resurrection). If you would like to avoid the christian connotation you can indeed say :
je suis mort et je renais (for a female : je suis morte et je renais)

I hope this helps

Cheers

Caro

French Language

Caro