French Language/French tenses and moods

Question
Hi there.
I have been trying to find a list of every French tense that there is, but I have been struggling to find a full, complete list. Are you able to make a list of every French tense that exists please? And can you please categorise them all into the indicative, conditional, subjunctive and imperative moods? Please include even the tenses that are hardly ever used. Also, can you please notify me if there are any other moods in French that I didn't mention above (indicative, subjunctive, conditional, imperative and interrogative). One final question- are there any conjugations just for the interrogative tense?
Thank you so much!

Answer
Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your question.
You shoud have a look there : http://www.conjuguetamere.com/temps-conjugaison

Here is a list of the French tenses :
Indicatif
- Présent
- Passé composé
- Imparfait
- Plus-que-parfait
- Passé simple
- Passé antérieur
- Futur simple
- Futur antérieur
Subjonctif
Voici la liste des 4 temps du subjonctif :
- Présent
- Passé
- Imparfait
- Plus-que-parfait (rare)
Conditionnel
Voici la liste des 3 temps du conditionnel :
- Présent
- Passé 1ère forme
- Passé 2ème forme (rare)
Impératif
Voici le liste des 2 temps de l'impératif :
- Présent
- Passé (rare)

We can add the present and past participle, gerundive (past & present)

For me interrgative is not really a tense. You can have a look there :
http://www.francaisfacile.com/exercices/exercice-francais-2/exercice-francais-64

I hope this helps

Cheers

Caro

French Language

Caro