French Language/Is French very difficult to learn?

Question
Hi, Mr. Caro,

How do you do?

I want to take the time to learn French, which,as far as I know, is important for treaty signing.

Yet, in comparison with English, is it very difficult to learn?

There is a saying," Paris is the capital of every thinking man. " Earnest Hemingway ever spent much time in Paris. So I would like to take a trip to there. I hope I can speak a little French if I fly to there.

Is French pronunciation difficult?

Please take the time to reply. Thanks!

Best Wishes,

Walden

Answer
Hi Walden,

As a French native speaker, I cannot say if French is really difficult to learn. It is very subjective.
It also depends on the language you already speak. For a Spanish, French is not that difficult because French and Spanish have common roots.

I would say that French is more difficult than English because of the conjugaison and the gender articles.
But if you are enthusiastic and want to learn French, it is possible.

As for pronounciation, When you learn a new language, pronounciation is always difficult at the beginning.
Well one cannot learn a language in one day, so it means some work, whatever the language you learn.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Caro

French Language

Caro