Freshwater Aquarium/freshwater fish and sea shells

Barbie wrote at 2014-12-13 22:20:33
Actually, that breed does not like a lot of current so slow the arriation and check the temp. 78-80 degrees is their preference and they like shallow 2-5 gallon tanks. Be sure the water temperature in the tank is the same as the water being added. Avoid total water changes and be sure to  use a batta declorinator and conditioner. Could be lack of bio. Boil sea shells for a couple of hours if you  are  going to use them because bacteria and such do hide deep inside or in the crevices. Most likely it is the temp. They are very hardy fish but slow down in cool temp. Winters and or air conditioning is hardest on them. Best of luck!

Freshwater Aquarium

Trish S.

I can answer many questions about livebearing fish; most freshwater fish; diseases and treatments; aquarium setup/cycling/ conditioning/water parameters; feeding/what to feed; compatability of fish; behavior and behavior problems; most any question about fresh water fish that you may have. I am a "perpetual student" in that I am constantly reading about fish and their care/maintenance, disease, etc., and if I feel I do not have enough information to provide you with on a question that is asked, I will spend the time needed to provide you with a detailed, knowledgeable, well thought out answer.

All experience is from owning/maintaining tanks and different fish for many years; I am always reading and learning new things about fish, their habitats, aquarium maintenance, disease, etc. I am a successful breeder of livebearing platys and mollies and will soon be venturing in to breeding cichlids.

I am a Top Contributor in the Fish section of Yahoo Answers, and attained that status within 3 weeks of signing up. In order to attain this status, you have to meet the guidelines in proving that you are knowledgeable in an area, and I did that very quickly.

Not exactly a publication, but many of my answers appear in Yahoo Answers fish section under the name MrsCrabs.

All my knowledge comes from hands-on experience as well as reading and research. To me, this is just as good as sitting in a classroom, if not better. I spend my spare time reading and researching answers to questions I have and others may have.