Freshwater Aquarium/malawi cichlids

Question
at the moment i have a dozen baby fish in a tank 36x14x20 is the tank big enough to hold adult malawi and how many.

Answer
Stuart, First Malawi is just one of three rivers they come from. I would have to see them to identify. Anyway It sounds like you have a 45 gallon tank. If you want to keep all the same fish that is fine. I would thin out the population by about four of them. Full grown in a tank setting that size they might grow at the largest about 2 inches max and not all of them. Your dominant will be the biggest and you will know it because it will have the most vibrant color. Keep you pH up to about 8.0 to 8.4. Good Luck, Tina

Freshwater Aquarium

Tina Beatty-Quiao