Freshwater Aquarium/parrot fish breeding

I just want to ask, how to feed breeding the parrot fish and what kind of breeding feed?

Thanks & God Bless!

Richard, The parrot fish is a hybrid fish. Breeding them has been done but, very rarely. The sexing of young parrots are impossible to tell. As they mature you can check behind the dorsal fins underneath check for a tube. In the female it is a thick V like structure this is her ovipositor. In the male it is thinner and more loose and straight. Anyway if you get them young all you can do is hope. You can not make them breed. They will just start making the nest and it happens. This is the thing because they are a hybrid fish the eggs extremely rarely hatch. They will watch them closely until they die and turn white with mold and they will eat them. This is most likely scenario. Sorry. Good Luck, Tina

Freshwater Aquarium

Tina Beatty-Quiao

I can answer any question's you have regarding new set ups, filtration, lighting, heating and fish compatability. I can help you with breeding. I am familiar with fish disease, parasites, injuries and how to treat them. I am familiar with all your regular species....such as your Goldfish(all kinds), your tropical community fish as platy's, mollie's, tetra's and such, your semi-aggressives such as gourami's, angel's, shark's, and such, and your cichlids...African and South American. I am also familiar with most of your rarer fish such as butterfly's, snakehead's, flowerhorn's, arowana's, dragon's and many more !!!!!

I have been in the petcare industry for over 20 years. I have managed a pet shop for years and have worked for a large petchain for years. I know their policie's if you have a problem. I have to say there isn't too much I haven't come across. I have kept fresh, salt, brackish tank's forever...

Beside's my experience I also have a background in chemistry and biology.