Freshwater Aquarium/Water problems

Question
How do you fix nitrite, nitrate, and water hardness problems? I've been to the local Walmart and the local pet stores they had no answer to my questions. I've lost three fish recently, and I don't want to risk anymore, especially my angelfish.

Answer
Robin,
The fastest way to bring your nitrites back to zero is by doing larger daily water changes until the nitrites are gone. Do not over feed the fish and do not over stock the tank. Also, make sure the filter is working. As for the water hardness, you can try a water softener. This has helped with that problem in my tanks.

Freshwater Aquarium

Jaymie Johnson