Freshwater Aquarium/Storing my fishtank

Question
I'm in college and I am going to take my fish home over break and put them into a different aquarium for awhile. I was wondering what I should do with my fishtank at college so that when I come back it won't be gross. How do I store my fishtank? Help! (Oh yeah, I can't leave anything plugged in over break)

Answer
KayDee,
What kind of fish do you have? There are different ways for different fish. If it is a Betta, just dump the water. When you get back, fill it back up and you are good to go. Betta's do not need filters so there is no need to cycle the tank when you get back. That is the best answer I can give you. IF it is not a Betta, let me know what type of fish you have.

Freshwater Aquarium

Jaymie Johnson