Freshwater Aquarium/fish

Hi im rachel and im in need of yr help ive got a 240 litre tank my tank is showing high doses of ammonia 4ppm and low ph of 6.0 ive done 25% water change last nite & 50% day b4 no change im new to having abig tank as my last 1 was only a 60 litre tank with a internal filter never had a external filter tank till 7mths ago

Hi Rachel!

Try changing the water again, 50% this time. If that doesn't work, go and buy some ammonia control. I recommend the API Stress Zyme. It lowers and controls pH levels and reduces slime in the aquarium. It contains beneficial bacteria that eats away the ammonia and nitrate. This item also functions as a water dechlorinator. It's available online and at your local pets store.

Hope this helps!

Freshwater Aquarium

I can answer questions about betta, goldfish, aquatic snails, freshwater crustaceans, freshwater bottom feeders, and tropical fish. I have little knowledge on freshwater frogs/tadpoles. No saltwater fish/cichlids questions please! I do *NOT* know how to make Decor for tanks/aquariums. I can also help you if your fish is stress/sick and setting up an aquarium/fish bowl/tank/etc. I can also help you with disease/injuries/parasites/etc. I can also help you with compatibility of tropical aquatic animals.

I have 30+ years of experience with tropical fishes & bettas. If you have a question (sending a picture will help) just ask and I will reply as soon as possible!

I went to Stanford University (Graduated). Has a Masters Degree