Freshwater Aquarium/cleaning out tank

Question
hi..i have a 30 gal freshwater aquarium that is used. right now i am trying to figure out how to take out the stains inside it. the algae is gone thanks to a razor. the water stains are another thing. without going to the store and spending a lot on tank cleaner, is there anything you know of that i could use instead. the razor does nothing to take the water stains out and of course im trying to avoid caustic chemicals. thank you!!

Answer
Hi James

You can use vinegar and water to clean the tank...that should take care of the water stains. If not, you can add a little baking soda to the vinegar and water mix. Rinse the tank really well and it should be good to go.

Just don't use any bleach or detergents to clean the tank, regardless of how well you rinse, there could still be residue left over that will kill your fish.

Hope this helps you, good luck!

Richard

Freshwater Aquarium

Richard Hight