Freshwater Aquarium/medication

I just bought fish today, and I also bought medication for their torn fins.
The dosage is 1 tsp every week unless more than one fish. I have 1 goldfish,  2 minnows,  and a tiger tetra.
How much should I give them, and will this mess with th chemical balance of the water, or the bamboo have growing in the tank.

Hi Michael!

Check the back of the bottle or package to see if it will affect any plants. Usually, most medication will not affect any other organisms in the tank but check just in case. But don't worry, it will not mess up the chemical balance in the tank. After your fish is healed, just change the water and everything will be fine

Freshwater Aquarium

I can answer questions about betta, goldfish, aquatic snails, freshwater crustaceans, freshwater bottom feeders, and tropical fish. I have little knowledge on freshwater frogs/tadpoles. No saltwater fish/cichlids questions please! I do *NOT* know how to make Decor for tanks/aquariums. I can also help you if your fish is stress/sick and setting up an aquarium/fish bowl/tank/etc. I can also help you with disease/injuries/parasites/etc. I can also help you with compatibility of tropical aquatic animals.

I have 30+ years of experience with tropical fishes & bettas. If you have a question (sending a picture will help) just ask and I will reply as soon as possible!

I went to Stanford University (Graduated). Has a Masters Degree