Freshwater Aquarium/medication

Question
I just bought fish today, and I also bought medication for their torn fins.
The dosage is 1 tsp every week unless more than one fish. I have 1 goldfish,  2 minnows,  and a tiger tetra.
How much should I give them, and will this mess with th chemical balance of the water, or the bamboo have growing in the tank.

Answer
Hi Michael!

Check the back of the bottle or package to see if it will affect any plants. Usually, most medication will not affect any other organisms in the tank but check just in case. But don't worry, it will not mess up the chemical balance in the tank. After your fish is healed, just change the water and everything will be fine

~Sam

Freshwater Aquarium

Sam