Freshwater Aquarium/what is the name of this fish

the white one with black patches

i have two of this kind and since 3 weeks i've been noticing like a brown bruise like appearance on the fishes head( on top) but only in one of the fishes.initially it was of small size but now its kind of looking vast spread like for around 3 cm .could that be an injury caused by other fishes or its an infection.

Hi Mick!

Your fish is infected with Ick. They are protozoans that are nodules that look like white grains of salt or sugar of up to 1 mm appear on the body, fins and gills. Each white spot is an encysted parasite. You can buy some medication, almost any brand works, at a local pet shop. The price is about 3-7 dollars.

~ Sam

Freshwater Aquarium

I can answer questions about betta, goldfish, aquatic snails, freshwater crustaceans, freshwater bottom feeders, and tropical fish. I have little knowledge on freshwater frogs/tadpoles. No saltwater fish/cichlids questions please! I do *NOT* know how to make Decor for tanks/aquariums. I can also help you if your fish is stress/sick and setting up an aquarium/fish bowl/tank/etc. I can also help you with disease/injuries/parasites/etc. I can also help you with compatibility of tropical aquatic animals.

I have 30+ years of experience with tropical fishes & bettas. If you have a question (sending a picture will help) just ask and I will reply as soon as possible!

I went to Stanford University (Graduated). Has a Masters Degree