Freshwater Aquarium/Well being of my pet fish

Hi Elizabeth,
Was wondering I have About 10 Neon Tetras in a large enough tank for them and i keep them in Kinley packaging Water which is treated water with salts of Sodium and Magnesium. I got this idea from my pet store guy who told me Neon's like soft water so best if i keep them in Mineral water so was wondering and wanted a second opinion from an Expert if I'm on the right track with the water.
Thank you.

I do not know the details of that specific water, so I am not sure if it is safe. However, bottled water can be potentially dangerous because vitamins, preservatives, and other things are often added to bottled water to make it more appealing. I would investigate that brand of water thoroughly to make sure it does not have harmful additives. You really only need to use packaged water if you are certain that your tap water is unsafe. Hope this helps!

Freshwater Aquarium

Elizabeth Turbyfill

I am available to answer any questions regarding Betta fish and goldfish. I will be able to answer questions ranging from basic husbandry to health issues and more. I have a fair amount of knowledge regarding keeping freshwater fish in general as well, excluding cichlids. If you have any questions about species compatibility, maintenance, health issues, et cetera I can help. If there is a question that I do not know the answer to, I will look to reliable resources to find the answer.

I have kept numerous Betta fish and freshwater aquariums for several years, and have spent countless time researching them.

I am a member of a fish forum named Tropical Fish Keeping that I highly recommend to people who keep aquariums or just have complex questions that cannot be answered here.

I am currently attending East Tennessee State University for a bachelor's degree in Computer and Information Science.