Freshwater Aquarium/Lighting

What kind of light would be best for live plants and fish together? dont be afrade to be too explanatory! More is more! :)
I have a 10 gallon tank about a foot deep and tropical fish. I never can keep plants in my tank but the fish do very well, currently the temperature remained between 84 and 86. I would enjoy being able to keep live plants instead of fake ones...
The tank gets little natural light

Thank you in advance
- angle a.

A T8 bulb should work nicely for your 10 gallon tank. I recommend looking through the plant profiles here, so that you can get an idea of which plants you want and would be easy to start out with:

Good luck and happy planting!

Freshwater Aquarium

Elizabeth Turbyfill

I am available to answer any questions regarding Betta fish and goldfish. I will be able to answer questions ranging from basic husbandry to health issues and more. I have a fair amount of knowledge regarding keeping freshwater fish in general as well, excluding cichlids. If you have any questions about species compatibility, maintenance, health issues, et cetera I can help. If there is a question that I do not know the answer to, I will look to reliable resources to find the answer.

I have kept numerous Betta fish and freshwater aquariums for several years, and have spent countless time researching them.

I am a member of a fish forum named Tropical Fish Keeping that I highly recommend to people who keep aquariums or just have complex questions that cannot be answered here.

I am currently attending East Tennessee State University for a bachelor's degree in Computer and Information Science.