Freshwater Aquarium/Oscar fish

I have two questions first its recommended for an Oscar to be kept in a forty gallon doo you think I could keep it in my 37 gallon, and if so can it have any tank mates???

55 - 75 gallons is the recommended minimum for one adult Oscar. 37 would be fine temporarily, but an upgrade would be a wise option in the future.

I am not very knowledgeable about cichlids, such as Oscars, but I recommend following this website's advice regarding tank mates and Oscar care:

Freshwater Aquarium

Elizabeth Turbyfill

I am available to answer any questions regarding Betta fish and goldfish. I will be able to answer questions ranging from basic husbandry to health issues and more. I have a fair amount of knowledge regarding keeping freshwater fish in general as well, excluding cichlids. If you have any questions about species compatibility, maintenance, health issues, et cetera I can help. If there is a question that I do not know the answer to, I will look to reliable resources to find the answer.

I have kept numerous Betta fish and freshwater aquariums for several years, and have spent countless time researching them.

I am a member of a fish forum named Tropical Fish Keeping that I highly recommend to people who keep aquariums or just have complex questions that cannot be answered here.

I am currently attending East Tennessee State University for a bachelor's degree in Computer and Information Science.