Freshwater Aquarium/Moving aquarium

Hi, I have a 20 gallon fresh tropical aquarium with 3 Molly's 3 zebra 4 tetra 1 rainbow shark I sucker 5 goast shrimp and 3 live plants I'll be moving this weekend only 30 miles away. Any pointers?

Hi Adrian!

I would advise you to lower the water level so it doesn't spill out onto the car's carpet. An alternative method is to do what pet stores would do: put the fish in plastic baggies until they read their new home. You can leave the p,astic plants in the tank but make sure you separate the shrimp from the fish if you plan to use plastic baggy.

Hope this helps!!

Freshwater Aquarium

I can answer questions about betta, goldfish, aquatic snails, freshwater crustaceans, freshwater bottom feeders, and tropical fish. I have little knowledge on freshwater frogs/tadpoles. No saltwater fish/cichlids questions please! I do *NOT* know how to make Decor for tanks/aquariums. I can also help you if your fish is stress/sick and setting up an aquarium/fish bowl/tank/etc. I can also help you with disease/injuries/parasites/etc. I can also help you with compatibility of tropical aquatic animals.

I have 30+ years of experience with tropical fishes & bettas. If you have a question (sending a picture will help) just ask and I will reply as soon as possible!

I went to Stanford University (Graduated). Has a Masters Degree