Freshwater Aquarium/Pregnant molly

My Mollie is trying to give birth but a very large sac is protruding with fry/eggs inside.  What is wrong?

This is a problem with livebearers as they all seem to have this affliction at some time or another. What else do you have in the tank with the mollies, how big is your tank? Are there places for the fish to hide?
Also, if its a livebearer only tank, some sea salt added to the water would benefit the fish. If its a mixed tank, ie, tetra's, cichlids or whatever then the salt should not be used.
You could isolate the molly in a protective hang on the back breeder if you have room.
There is no quick fix for this problem, you just have to try to make sure the fish is not harrassed by other fish. I wish I had a fix as this is a common issue.
Good Luck with your tank.

Freshwater Aquarium

michael mccorry

I can answer questions concerning tanks, setup, display, maintence,filters, heaters, substrates, CO2 Systems, lighting, arrangements. Also water quality, chemical makeup and altering water parameters. I can advise on fish selection, how to arrange the tank to minimize aggression, water parameters for specific fish, breeding and raisning fry. Feeding and nutrition. Lighting both flourescent and metal halide and everything in between Plants, selection, lighting and feeding requirements, CO2 Systems, and substrate selection as well as what plants will work with what fish. Heating, and cooling the tank. Automating certain functions and what maintenence is necesssary to keep things looking good. Fish diseases their diagnosis and treatment. As well as other topics related to the hobby.

I have been involved in Tropical Fish for over 30 years having bred or kept most everything that was out there at one time or annother. I have worked in several shops and managed several more, I have owned my own shop for over 12 years and currently maintain more than 3000gals of fresh water and saltwater fish, plants and invertabrates. I service tanks and respond to emergency calls. I advise on design, placement and impact of displays and custom design and install whatever the client wishes. I had a business within a business servicing systems for Dr;s,Offices, Restaurants, Hospitals, and private individuals.

TFH FAMA American Cichlid Association

I attended Clinton Comm. College and then went to work for the State of New York. I also recieved training in the unrelated field of Law Enforcement. I am a certified fish specialist both fresh and saltwater having attended seminars at the Backer Trade Shows in Atlantic City sanctioned by PPAC.

I have won awards from the New York State Dept of Education and from the Govenors Office for Business of the Year in the Northern Tier. I work as a consultant with the State assisting people who are starting a business.