Freshwater Aquarium/Pink fungus?

pink fungus
pink fungus  

pink fungus
pink fungus  
I have this pink fungus growing in my aquarium and I have no clue what it is. It grows mostly on my sponge filters and there are a few on some rocks. I know so far it has not harmed my tank, but it is unappealing.

My Tank:
Over a 100 cherry shrimps and 2 otos
12 Gallon Tank has been running for almost a year
Temperature: 78 F
Ph: 7
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0

Hi Simon,

What you have here is probably pink mold.Pink mold is usually found in the bathroom but can exist almost anywhere in the house. I suggest that you do a partial water change and change the filters. After that, add some algae control and that should fix the problem.

Hope this helps!

Freshwater Aquarium

I can answer questions about betta, goldfish, aquatic snails, freshwater crustaceans, freshwater bottom feeders, and tropical fish. I have little knowledge on freshwater frogs/tadpoles. No saltwater fish/cichlids questions please! I do *NOT* know how to make Decor for tanks/aquariums. I can also help you if your fish is stress/sick and setting up an aquarium/fish bowl/tank/etc. I can also help you with disease/injuries/parasites/etc. I can also help you with compatibility of tropical aquatic animals.

I have 30+ years of experience with tropical fishes & bettas. If you have a question (sending a picture will help) just ask and I will reply as soon as possible!

I went to Stanford University (Graduated). Has a Masters Degree