Freshwater Aquarium/Jebo r3100 filter..?

Hi :)
I had a jebo r3100 60gallon tank given to me last week, I love it from top to bottom but I don't have a filter for it, it has a decent lighting hood on it and it doesn't seem like I can use my aquaclear filter because it hangs off the back of it... I haven't had a tank this big yet and I'm wondering what type of filter you would recommend for it? I took a look on line but I can't find almost anything to do with this type of aquarium.

Thank you

Hi Bonnie

I would get a Fluval External 306 Canister Filter for your Jebo 60g, and use your aquaclear HOB filter as a supplemental filter. Also in a tank that size, you may want to buy a couple of powerheads to circulate the water near the bottom of the tank.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Freshwater Aquarium

Richard Hight

I own and maintain several freshwater aquariums from 2 to 180 gallon. I can answer most questions about freshwater aquariums, including setup, cycling, maintenance, compatible tank mates, feeding. Moving? I've moved fish both across town and across the country and can help you get your little aquatic friends to their new home safely. I know and have experience with most freshwater community fish, South American Cichlids and African Cichlids. I don't answer questions about Goldfish or keeping Goldfish with Tropical Fish. I also don't answer questions about keeping crustaceans (shrimp, snails, crabs etc) with Tropical Fish, nor questions about saltwater fish or aquariums. I'm not available to answer questions on weekends, this is when I do maintenance on my own tanks.

Many years of personal experience with community tank fish, semi-aggressive fish (Barbs, Tetras, etc), Angels, South American Cichlids and African Cichlids.

HSG 2010-2011 prof