Functional Medicine/Allergy

Hi,interesting background. I asked a chiro if she would bring a nutritionist into the practice,but she said no. Guess she only treats pain, not eliminate if possible.
- Question I have for my 13yo who tested pos for peanut allergy years ago. He is allergic to mold found on peanut and eats beans. Never tested for nuts. I'd like to give him some almond products. Do you have any info on potential problem?
- Do you have a particular inflammation free diet that you prefer?

Peanuts are not a nut, but a legume which you already have an understanding of. If someone has a tree nut allergy I often find there are issues with more than one kind of nut, but peanuts allergies do not have to mean almonds are out. That being said, they also make Sunnut butter out of sunflower seeds which would cut the nut issue right off the table.

I typically recommend people start out with a modified paleo diet, because there is no one perfect way to eat I find by eliminating the big issues: gluten, dairy, sugar, processed garbage it allows for us to get more specific depending on the individuals needs after doing that for about 2 months. Typically if people are still feeling off or having a lot of symptoms this is when I would recommend food sensitivity testing. I do ALCAT but there are many good ones out there similar. I also encourage 75% of meals be vegetables and the other portion protein to keep people from eating a meat buffet when making changes. Half your body weight in water daily as well, dehydration concentrates inflammation.

And thank you for the compliment, i see very few people in my office for pain only. Most of my patients have complex health issues of chronic nature.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Kalli Prater, D.C.  

Functional Medicine

Dr. Kalli Prater

I am capable of answering a wide variety of questions including: what lab tests are best for what conditions/symptoms, what the difference between functional lab values and clinical lab values means, what functional lab values are for a variety of tests, why functional medicine can give you the best results by looking for the underlying cause of the problem.

I am a Chiropractic Physician who specializes in Internal Medicine. I utilize a combination of traditional lab testing in combination with the patient's personal health history to determine the root cause of their problems. Based on the individuals history and health concerns paired with their specific dietary and nutritional needs we come up with the best treatment plan for them, even if that does not include chiropractic care. I have helped many women with hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia,and even those with Lupus and MS through diet/lifestyle modification and minor supplementation.

American Chiropractic Association

I am a Chiropractic Physician with a Sports Medicine background. I have almost 300 hours post graduate work to become a Chiropractic Internal Medicine Specialist where the focus is on lab testing, functional interpretation of data, and healing through natural means.

Recognized as a leader in the Chiropractic Profession by the International Association of Health Care Providers in 2014

Most of my patients suffer from chronic illness related to autoimmune disease, allergies, hypothyroidism or a combination of all of the above. Most of my patients see positive results through diet and lifestyle modification within the first 2 months of treatment, many have also resolved in the same amount of time. I believe what sets me apart from other health care providers is that I take the time with my patients to go through everything and listen to them fully.