Fundraising, Management Issues/NPO's important to the economy?

Question
Why are non-profits important in this economy?

Answer
The nonprofit sector of the US economy (including volunteerism) has been a part of our nation since its inception.  Here are three reasons why this sector is important to the US economy:
1. Nonprofit organizations comprise about 10% of the US economy - both in monetary terms and in employment.  
2. There are many services that are not available to the poorest segments of our society which the government does not provide - but nonprofits do.  
3. The fabric of our society (locally and nationally) is strengthened by US citizens' willingness and ability to create and support other people and causes here in the US and abroad.

Fundraising, Management Issues

Alyson Ball