Fundraising, Management Issues/Listing Donors on Website

I am a board member of Loaves and Fishes 501C non-profit food pantry in Beaufort NC.  We have a new website.  

To list Donors (individuals and companies) on the Donor page do we need verbal or written permission?

Thanks for your question, Saundra.

I have not seen donors' names published on websites of non-profit organizations. They may be there, but I have not seen them. Usually, too wide an audience is reached online, compared with printed reports.

It is appropriate for nonprofits to publish a printed annual report, which tells how donor's contributions have been used and lists the names of donors. In a printed report, securing permission is not required and would be time-consuming and expensive.

You might check with similar organizations to learn when they do.

Best wishes with your new website.

Fundraising, Management Issues

Wayne E. Groner

I can answer questions regarding annual funds, capital campaigns, endowment programs, asking for the major gift, volunteers, board development, nonprofit management, church fundraising, prospect research, prospect cultivation, and fundraising techniques.

Fundraising executive for 27 years, including nine years as a vice president. Presenter at national and regional workshops and conferences of Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Council for Resource Development (CRD), and Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). Workshop presenter to nonprofits and churches. Co-author of the book The Pastor's Guide to Fund-Raising Success. Writer of Sunday school lessons for adults and study resources for youth. Articles and book reviews on nonprofit fundraising-and-management issues published in national magazines and on the Web. Volunteer hospice chaplain. Board member and volunteer for community organizations.

Graceland College