Funerals/exhumation -- NM

Question
What needs to be done to exhume a child's body and move it to another site where the father is going to be buried?  The mother (very much alive) of the child would, of course, have to agree.  If that agreement is forth-coming what are the steps involved?

Answer
In New Mexico, a disinterment permit must be obtained from the state registrar or Medical Examiner by a funeral director or direct disposer. How old was the child at the time of death? How long ago? It's possible a new casket would be needed if the old one has started to deteriorate, so it might be a pretty unpleasant proposition.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson