Funerals/Disinterring bodies from NY and FL

Question
My Dad, who is 82 this month and not in the best of health, would like to bring his parents bodies to NJ to be cremated with him when he dies.  What is needed to do this and what is the typical expense for disinterring and transporting a body?

Answer
It would be far less expensive to cremate the bodies near where they are buried now. The caskets likely have rusted out or fallen apart, so if shipping a whole body, a new casket might be required. I'm guessing $3,000 to $5,000 each if shipping whole bodies. Disinterment followed by a simple cremation might be only $2,000 to $2,500 each. Get estimates from at least three funeral homes in each location.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson