Funerals/Funeral beginning to end

Question
My husband wants to have a green burial.  No embalming, put in a bag, buried underground.  He wants all this to happen on the property we own.  We live in Arkansas.  Who would I contact for such a funeral?  He wants nothing fancy, just put in the ground.  He said I could have a memorial service afterward if I want.  He doesn't want to spend anymore than necessary.  I just don't know what the laws are and who to contact for this type of funeral in Arkansas.  Thank you for your assistance on this question.

Answer
If your property is rural, then there shouldn't be a problem. You must register a family graveyard with the county clerk prior to burial. A good practice is 150 ft. from a water supply and at least 25 ft. from a power line or boundary. Call the Dept. of Health for permission--501-661-2654.

You don't have to use a funeral director at all. Everything can be handled by the family and friends. You can download the Arkansas chapter from the Bookstore at www.funerals.org for only $5. It will walk you through the paperwork and other practical matters.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson