Funerals/coffin rental

Question
For my father-in-law who  his was waked in NYC we rented a coffin before his cremation, but for my mother who is being waked on Garden city, L.I., the funeral home says it is not legal there. Is this accurate.

Answer
That is total horse pitooey and you should tell the funeral director you'll file a complaint with the state board. That said, there are some cremation caskets suitable for viewing that will cost less than a rental. Do some shopping on the internet, then tell the funeral home to get what you want at the price you want or you'll get it yourself.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson