Funerals/home burial

Question
I would like to be buried on my own rural property in Texas.What are the requirements  for transporting my body if not at home,and any other requirements?
Thank you for any information.
   Sharon

Answer
You can download the Texas chapter from "Final Rights" from the Bookstore at www.funerals.org for only $5. That will walk you thro' the process, how to file the death certificate, etc. The Texas Funeral Service Commission also has info on home burial--http://www.tfsc.state.tx.us/--go to "Cemeteries." It is a good practice to draw a map of the land showing where the family graveyard will be and pay to have it recorded with the deed. A good practice is 150 ft. from a water supply and 25 ft. from a boundary or power line. The top of the casket must be at least two feet under.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson