Funerals/Burial vault

Question
My mother is to be buried in Virginia. The funeral home was saying in addition to the casket we have to buy a burial vault(cement vault). Is that true? My stepfather is buried in the same cemetery in 2007 and we just purchased the casket.

Answer
Hello-
Cemeteries will have their own regulations, you should ask them.  Most often a burial vault is required by the cemetery, it keeps the grass from sinking over the years.  If you already have a burial in place, there may be a single vault that was used, and now you need another one.   Read the paperwork and ask questions.  

With care,  

Funerals

Kellie Gillespie