Funerals/Moving a gravesite from a property burial in Georgia to a cemetery in Alabama?ok

Question
Ok when my mother died about ten years ago me and my sisters were so distraught that we agreed to have her buried on the land she was living on with her boyfriend. Now that we have clear heads and can see that he may of not had the best intentions we want to move her to be burried with her parents and brother. We have the burial site and need to know what we will need to do in order to move her. We have a funeral home in Alabama that is willing to move her. Please help me ASAP.

Answer
You need a disinterment permit from the local registrar or county clerk in GA. The Alabama funeral director probably know how to handle that. You should be prepared for needed a new casket after ten years. Metal ones rust out and wooden ones may fall apart.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson