Funerals/burial

Question
can you be buried in a pine casket without embalming and avault in your family cemetery which is located on top of a mountain in buncombe county n.c.I would like to preplan my own funeral out (for when the time comes)and I don't want funeralhome sevices or a fancy casket,embalming or anything I don't necessarily have to have.the cheaper the better because I don't have a lot of money and neither does my family.what are the requirements in buncombe county n.c. thank you

Answer
You do not need to use a funeral director or be embalmed in NC. You can download the NC chapter from the Bookstore at www.funerals.org for only $5. That will walk you through how to file the death certificate, etc.

Is there already a family cemetery on your property? If so, is it recorded with the deed? If not, or if you are starting one, draw a map of the land showing where the family burial ground is and pay to have it recorded with the deed. A good practice is 150 ft. from a water supply and 25 feet from a boundary line or power line.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson