Funerals/creamation

Question
my brother in law passed over a month ago we already had viewing, he is being creamated. the funeral home is saying they are waiting on the health dept., we don't understand why?

Answer
Hello-

Sorry for the delay, I had some technical difficulties and thought I had sent the response.

Please accept my condolences.  Cremation does require more paperwork and it is important that all paperwork be complete before cremation can take place.  
In my experience, the health department is responsible to approving the death certificate and providing disposition permit.  The funeral home should be working closely with the health department, if there is an investigation on the death this may cause a delay.  I suggest you talk to the funeral home and ask them for specifics on why there is a delay.

With care,  

Funerals

Kellie Gillespie