Funerals/My wife is Catholic (non practicing) I am a Reform Jew

Question
Can we both be buried in a Reform cemetery?  Is there anything you can tell me about being buried together?
My wife and I were also thinking about being cremated and having our ashes mixed.  Do Reform Jews cremate?

Thank you in advance for your time, information and advice.

Answer
Dear Bob,

Individual cemeteries and rabbis have their own requirements. Therefore, the questions you are asking are entirely at their discretion. Very few rabbis will officiate at a memorial for someone who is being cremated, but there are a few. You would have to ask around. I have never heard of ashes being mixed. This would require that you and your wife both die at the same time and, again, this would be up to the crematory and is probably also a matter of state law.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Funerals

Rabbi Sue Levy