Funerals/Exhuming cremains in PA to take to England

Question
We moved from England in 1967. My Mom passed away in 1980 and was cremated and buried outside Philadelphia PA. My Dad later moved back to England, and all of us kids moved from the area also. Before my Dad passed away, I asked him if he would mind if I took Mom's ashes back to England where she actually wanted to be. He was good with it. My brother and I want to take Mom's ashes from where they are buried back to England.

What is the PA law regarding my ability to have my Mom's ashes exhumed?

What are the regulations for me taking her ashes to England?

Answer
It shouldn't be a problem at all. Simply talk to the cemetery and explain the situation. When flying with cremated remains, make sure they're not in a metal urn. It needs to go thro' the scanner. Offering to open the urn doesn't help. You might avoid ceramic, too, as some ceramics have metal in the glaze. Cardboard or wood would be fine.

*****************
Laws are non-existant for cremated remains in most states including PA which is why my earlier answer might not have seemed specific to PA.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson