Funerals/Exhuming daughter's cremated remains

Question
Hello,
I have been trying to figure out how I would go about having my daughters creamated remains in Ohio. We buried her in February of 2012. I will be moving to Ohio (I'm currently in the military)in a few months, and am only planning on being there for a semester or two for school. I would like to have her ashes with me. I have no family in Ohio, we only buried her there because it was my ex's family plot. I cannot get ahold of the cemetary or the township to find out any informations regarding this issue, and haven't really found anything online either. Any info or help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answer
Will your ex agree to your taking the cremated remains with you? If so, there should be no problem once you get a hold of the cemetery. Typically, they want the approval of the plot owner.

If for any reason your ex is not going to be cooperative, you could go to Probate Court and request at least half of the cremated remains. You don't need a lawyer to go to Probate.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson