Funerals/Private burial

Question
I had an inquirey about the requirements of a single burial on the pending decedent's family farm in Kentucky. The pending decedent and family have requested no embalming, just a private family service and direct burial on the farm. We are looking at days at best.

Thanks for you expected reply.
Stephen

Answer
That should be permissible. To bypass the funeral industry entirely, go to www.funerals.org and download the KY chapter from the Bookstore for only $5. It will walk you through the process and how to file the death certificate.

As for the family burial ground, a good practice is 150 ft. from a water supply and 25 ft. from a power line or boundary. You can draw a map of the land showing where it will be and pay to have it recorded with the deed. That's a polite notification to future land-owners.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson