Funerals/burial

Question
My parents are divorced and both are remarried. My mom has a deeded 3 person plot in which my brother, their son is buried. My mother has given my sister and I permission to bury our father in her plot along with our brother. My fathers wife is in agreement. My mother isn't giving up her deed, only giving permission or the right to bury our father there. How should this be handled? My stepmother should pay for the burial expenses even though she isn't owner, and what responsibilities other than that should belong to her? (My father has insurance) I want my mother to incur no expenses, it's kind of her to have done this as it is. My father lives in NYC and my mom and I are in Fl. I called cemetery woman there said affidavit or deed would be needed. She didn't seem to want to answer too many questions. Can you please give me as much info. as we need.
Thank you so very much

Answer
Just have your mother write a letter to the cemetery saying that her permission has been granted for the burial of "John Smith" in one of her plots. That should do it. Where is the cemetery? If it is in Florida, then there will be transportation to Florida. But that should come out of the insurance. I'm assuming the current wife is the beneficiary of that and that paying burial expenses is not a problem for her, from what you write.

Funerals

Lisa Carlson