Funerals/CA law

Question
I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with advanced cancer. She asked me to help her make plans so that her body can be kept in her home for three days after her death, as her Buddhist tradition calls for. Please would you tell me where I can find out what California law says about all this? Thanks very much, Maryann

Answer
That is absolutely allowed in CA. You can download the CA chapter from the Bookstore at www.funerals.org for only $5. That will walk you thro' the whole process without using a funeral director, assuming family and friends will drive the body to the cemetery or crematory. You can also download a free pamphlet on Funeral Consumer Rights specific for CA at www.funeralethics.org

Funerals

Lisa Carlson