Funerals/Scattering cremains in Los Angeles CA

Question
My sister was cremated and her request was that I bury her ashes under a pink rosebush in my backyard on the property that I own.  Is this legal within Los Angeles county?

Answer
Gloria

To the best of my knowledge it is legal to bury cremated remains on your own property anywhere in the State of California. If you plan to dig a hole and put her cremated remains directly in the ground or in a biodegradable urn, this should be fine, if her cremated remains are in a urn that does not biodegrade there are some things to consider.   My only advice to you would be that if you move from your home, to disinter her urn and move her with you when you leave or advise the new owners that her cremated remains are buried on the property. But be prepared that the new owner may not give you the right of access to this burial spot.

Funerals

Erin Phelps